Genomind is committed to making the billing process as simple as possible for patients, while ensuring our test is affordable. If your out of pocket cost will be more than $300, we will call you before processing your test.
We don’t want financial concerns to prevent you from receiving the Genecept Assay®. Please contact our office at 877-895-8658 to discuss billing, our financial assistance program, or any health insurance-related questions
How much does the Genecept Assay test cost?
- Employer, other insurance or Medicare Advantage: These parties may expect you to cover a portion of the test cost. If your out of pocket cost will be more than $300, we will call you before processing your test.
- Traditional Medicare/Medicaid — If you have a traditional Medicare/Medicaid plan, your cost will be $0 since there is no co-payment or deductible associated with laboratory testing in this program.
- Managed Medicaid – Patients will be billed the assigned responsibility of their health plan and can apply for financial assistance if their responsibility exceeds $25.
- Uninsured — Please contact us to find out how we can help.
1. Notification of Billing Process
Genomind starts the billing process after testing is completed and a report has been provided to your clinician. You will receive an initial billing notification letter from Genomind informing you that a claim has been filed with your insurance company.
NO ACTION IS REQUIRED by this letter.
2. Review Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
Your health coverage determines the genetic testing cost covered by insurance.
You will receive an EOB after each appeal to your insurance company.
NO ACTION IS REQUIRED by an EOB.
3. Appeal of Coverage
If coverage is denied or only part of the test is covered, Genomind will appeal the coverage decision for you.
In some cases, Genomind may send you a form that requests your consent for us to appeal on your behalf.
After the appeal, your insurance company may cover part of the test or deny coverage of the test.
4. Payment of Final Invoice
Genomind sends the final bill to you. The final bill reflects the amount you owe. You will also receive a Genomind Financial Assistance Application with the final bill.
If you would like to apply for financial assistance, complete and fax the simple, one-page application to us. Your application will be reviewed and financial assistance eligibility will be determined within 7 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the options for paying my bill with Genomind?
Patients can pay their bills through a variety of methods, including:
- Via a confidential interactive voice messaging system allowing for secure payment, which can be reached by calling 877-895-8658, ext. 3455
- By returning the patient invoice via mail with a valid form of payment (check or credit card number)
- By visiting our Patient Portal
Please call the Genomind billing team to set up an individual payment plan to pay the outstanding balance owed. Please be sure to have a copy of your Genomind invoice on hand at the time you make the call.
What if my insurance plan sends me a check directly for the cost of the Genecept Assay?
Sometimes insurance plans send payments to the patient rather than the healthcare provider or the laboratory. This is payment for the test provided by Genomind and must be forwarded to Genomind. If you receive a check, please follow the instructions below:
- Endorse the check by signing the back and writing “Payable to Genomind, Inc.” under your signature.
- Mail the check and a copy of the EOB to the address provided with your invoice.
- If you’ve already cashed the check, you may pay your balance directly to Genomind by personal check, money order or credit card. Payment must be in the same amount as the check you received. To pay via credit card, please call 877-895-8658, ext. 3455.
Who can I call for help with billing questions?
If you have received a bill or have any other billing or health insurance-related questions, you can call our billing team from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday at 877-895-8658, ext. 3450.