Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Please apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Account Manager plays an important role in the continued growth of Genomind. Ideal candidates will be skilled in developing and maintaining strong client relationships and offering a high level of service and support to new and existing customers, combined with an understanding of the diagnostic laboratory testing industry, and thrive while working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team environment.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the development of strategic partnerships through high level consultative relationship building with clinicians, hospitals and healthcare institutions. Account Managers are required to maintain client satisfaction and demonstrate retention efforts through effectively handling all client support activities, coordinating implementations, managing account profitability, identifying root causes and assisting with driving practical and creative solutions. Account Managers will partner closely with the Sales Team to grow the account base by providing customer and sales support at on-site meetings, new account implementations, as well as participation in regional and national industry conferences. Account Managers are expected to foster and support departmental goals with Marketing, Operations and Clinical Support, in addition to all key lab/vendor relationships.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute account management strategies and formulate new, mutually beneficial initiatives to address the evolving demands of the market in support of Genomind’s growth strategies.
- Gain a detailed operational knowledge of regional/assigned customers and be adept at helping those customers integrate efficiently with all Genomind policies and operational procedures.
- Support local/regional field sales teams by providing sales, customer and implementation support. This will include but is not limited to on-site visits, regional and national industry conferences and presentations, etc.
- Identify new leads and develop up-sell and expansion sales opportunities that enhance Genomind performance indicators.
- Work closely with Genomind’s sales, customer service, operations, billing and clinical operations teams to identify process improvement opportunities consistent with company objectives.
- Service current customers by providing technical and clinical/science support regarding tests, patient reports, science, research studies and all Genomind offerings. Closely aligned with all internal departments for excellent internal/external communication.
- Works with marketing in delivery of sales and advertising programs to promote Genomind’s product advantages to customers and the marketplace.
- Employs strong project management skills by prioritizing and leading multiple tasks concurrently.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of field based account management experience where the primary focus of the role was to maintain existing business through face to face and virtual interactions and/or
- 1-2 years of B2B field based sales experience
- Experience in healthcare is a plus but not mandatory
- Knowledge of diagnostic, laboratory, medical device, or healthcare industry; experience in psychiatry and pharmacogenomics a plus.
- Significant experience in building and maintaining strategic relationships with customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are essential; proficient written communication is critical.
- Proven multi-tasking and project planning skills; the capacity to work in a fast paced environment, as well as the ability to contribute creative yet practical solutions to problems.
- Must show good judgment and convey professionalism when dealing with clients and challenging situations.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to handle working in a growth stage company environment.
- Ability to build new processes and learn new skills quickly.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience using CRM tools.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time within assigned territory.