Reports to: Marketing Director
Please apply online at email@example.com
The Product Manager will oversee the entire product development lifecycle from strategic planning, to launch, to post-launch optimization. This role will be primarily responsible for developing, managing and implementing all aspects of Genomind’s Marketing strategy and tactics for its direct to consumer initiatives under the direction of the Marketing Director and President including:managing new product development and commercialization, product branding, lead generation, communications, digital marketing and outside partnerships.
- Mange the new direct to consumer products and the services that enhance the product
- Perform and/or acquire direct market research to gauge demand and direct the development of product specifications, features and benefits.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination and execution of marketing strategy and tactics to support this new product.
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence.
- Seamlessly coordinate all product line marketing while aligning with all corporate brand standards.
- Drive the creation and internal review process of all external communication vehicles including email blasts, sales collateral, advertisements, presentations, webinars, social media content, web content and press releases.
- Work directly with external vendor to build the consumer journey
- Interface regularly with Marketing, Sales and Clinical departments to coordinate tactics, review content, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all email and digital campaigns to customers and prospects.
- Evaluate overall success of all campaigns in terms of lead generation and ROI, track competitor campaigns, and make recommendations for future Marketing tactics.
- Identify new advertising/promotional opportunities.
- Track expenditures and assist in creation/maintenance of annual budget and forecasting.
- Coordinate with vendors and agencies, help manage relationships and work plans.
- Attend and provide staff presence at relevant national conferences.
- Support Marketing team and overall Genomind Marketing strategy as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Product Managermust have proven working experience in direct to consumer marketing or healthcare product marketing in genetics/diagnostics, as well as demonstrable experience managing successful marketing campaigns. They must have strong business acumen, written and oral communication skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills. This role requires an individual that is capable of managing several projects simultaneously, an ability to adapt to developing strategies, and very strong attention to detail with strict adherence to deadlines. This individual must be adept at working in cross-functional teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience. Education/experience in genetics or genetic counseling a plus.
5-7 years’ professional work experience in direct to consumer, healthcare-related marketing or promotion of genetic testing or diagnostics services required.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker. Adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Technology savvy, early adopter of innovative technologies in the Marketing space. Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Experience with promotion and outreach to patients and clinicians.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and data-driven thinking.
- Strong creative writing skills. Must be able to develop compelling customer communications, as well as proof and edit copy, layout and design.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks, conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Strong project planning, negotiation, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work directly with Marketing, Clinical, IT and Sales staff in a responsible, productive and service oriented manner.
- A high degree of responsibility, self-directed initiative and professionalism.
- Some travel required (about 10%)
The Physical requirements described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.