JOB TITLE: Regional Sales Manager
Reports To: Senior Regional Sales Director
Please apply online at email@example.com
**In your email and subject line, please reference the desired location for your submission.
The Genomind Regional Sales Manager (RSM) position is responsible for building adoption of Genomind testing services with clinicians and hospitals/clinics treating mental health disorders in the Virginia sales region. Specific clinician targets include but are not limited to psychiatrists, neurologists, primary care physicians, and nurse practitioners. The RSM represents Genomind and the Genecept Assay to potential customers through face to face meetings, industry networking, and new market/customer opportunities. The RSM will be able to communicate clinical and scientific aspects of Genecept Assay as well as educate clients on issues regarding billing and reimbursement, sample preparation and submission workflow.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develops and executes sales plan focused on driving profitable new sales and growth of existing accounts in assigned region.
- Works closely with marketing to develop and execute win-results marketing strategies aimed at fueling the sales process, and increasing market presence and adoption of Genomind services.
- Monitors commercial reimbursement levels within region to ensure sales resources are being deployed effectively to maximize margin.
- Promotes Genomind services to outpatient and institutional based clinicians. Specific clinician targets include psychiatrists, primary care physicians, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and neurologists.
- Identifies and secures new business through effective relationship building with key opinion leaders, communication of technical product knowledge, competitive positioning, and education on issues related to reimbursement, billing, pricing, sample preparation and submission.
- Partners with Account Management to grow and retain new and existing business and maximize profitability per account.
- Represents Genomind at tradeshows, conferences and industry networking events. This includes generating new business leads, as well as building on existing customer and channel partner relationships.
- Proactively stays educated on news, trends, and emerging technologies in the psychiatric, behavioral health, and pharmacogenomics/personalized medicine space.
- Utilizes Genomind Resources to ensure that proposals are profitable and conform to both legal and regulatory requirements.
- Uses CRM and others sales reporting tools to communicate regional sales growth and trends by providing sales forecasts, market analysis, competitive analysis, and business plan aimed at expanding growth opportunities through region and maintaining market leading position.
Bachelor Degree in a science, engineering, marketing, healthcare or equivalent discipline. Masters degree in related field preferred.
Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years as an accomplished, top-performing sales and marketing professional experienced with managing large sales geographies in medical diagnostics, genomics, medical device, laboratory, neuropsychiatric, personalized medicine, or other healthcare related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful application of consultative selling skills in a direct to clinician commercial selling environment.
- Proven experience in building and growing a sales region including territory management, lead generation, and sizing and prioritization of opportunities.
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate complex scientific/clinical information within psychiatry and pharmacogenomics.
- Ability to represent the customer to both internal peers and external vendors so that all understand both customer needs and expectations.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to handle working in an early growth stage company environment. Ability to build new processes and learn new skills quickly.
- Knowledge and willingness to work within a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Must reside within the assigned region, have the ability to travel 85%+ executing field sales activities within the assigned region, and attend local, regional, and national business meetings.