Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Please send resumes to email@example.com
We are in search of a Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team developing next generation healthcare applications and integrated solutions for our small, personalized medicine company, comprised of innovative researchers and expert leaders in psychiatry and neurology.
This person would be a bright, clear-thinking problem solver with expertise building web applications and services with the ability to cover the whole architectural stack from back-end to front-end. This person would need to utilize .NET C# and the MVC framework, and understand separation of logical layers to build applications that use the latest web standards. Delivered components should be modular, reusable, and well documented to the benefit of the greater team. Must have working knowledge of CSS, advanced HTML5 features, responsive design and other techniques, and know when to implement which technology, to support the largest possible audience and enhance user experience.
Working closely with product owners, this person would analyze business requirements to transform them into technical design specs and development plans, assist with prioritization and management of Development Portfolio (projects), and create accurate and complete technical user documentation.
- Using appropriate tools, design, build, and enhance applications as part of a team.
- Provide feedback on best practices to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Perform problem-solving of application issues and production errors, understanding when those may require immediate attention.
- Meet deadlines for assigned tasks.
- Adhere to all corporate change control, structured programming, and database access methodologies.
- Participate in project planning for purposes of timeline projections and quality assurance activities.
- Perform database, user interface, and application design as needed. Work with team on overall system design.
- Able to accurately estimate level of effort for assigned tasks as well as assist in assessing level of effort for high-level projects.
- Responsible for producing technical documentation regarding database changes and application enhancements/fixes.
- Perform unit and system testing of application enhancements. Assist with application testing as well as debugging production-level issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively across multiple departments and audiences, working directly with user base to resolve issues.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree and experience.
- Minimum four full years of professional programming employment using Microsoft .NET Technologies.
- Strong experience with .NET, MVC, C#, demonstrating object-oriented, multi-tier architecture and design
- MS SQL Server, T-SQL
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) a plus
- Ability to think analytically, solve problems, make decisions with strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Prior work experience in a health care industry a plus
- Experience with EDI and HL7 beneficial
- Knowledge of genetic laboratory, clinical laboratory and other health care beneficial
- TFS, Visual Studio, and Full project lifecycle (SDLC) exposure preferred
Works in general office environment with modern equipment. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete tasks. Travel may be required in and out of geographic region. Must possess valid driver’s license.
The Physical Requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.