Genomind Professional PGx Express now includes two report options:
CORE Anxiety & Depression Report includes 15 key genes used to inform treatment decisions for anxiety and depression.
FULL Mental Health Report includes 24 key genes used to inform treatment for a range of psychiatric conditions such as depression, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), bipolar, substance abuse and more.
Cost, Billing, and Insurance Coverage
Genomind is committed to making the billing process as simple as possible for patients, while ensuring our test is affordable. If your cost will be more than $325 (US residents only), we will call you before processing your test.
We don’t want financial concerns to prevent you from receiving the Genomind Professional PGx Express. Please contact our office at 877.895.8658 to discuss billing, our financial assistance program, or any health insurance-related questions.
How much does the Genomind Professional PGx Express test cost?
- Employer, other insurance or Medicare Advantage: These parties may expect you to cover a portion of the test cost. If your cost will be more than $325, we will call you before processing your test.
- Medicaid and Managed Medicaid — If you have a Medicaid or Managed Medicaid Plan, your cost will be $0 since there is no co-payment or deductible associated with laboratory testing in these programs.
- Uninsured — Please contact us to find out how we can help.
- If you live outside of the US – Please contact us to find out how we can help.
1. Notification of Billing Process
Genomind starts the billing process after testing is completed and a report has been provided to your clinician. You will receive an initial billing notification letter from Genomind informing you that a claim has been filed with your insurance company.
NO ACTION IS REQUIRED by this letter.
2. Review Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
Your health coverage determines the genetic testing cost covered by insurance.
You will receive an EOB after each appeal to your insurance company.
NO ACTION IS REQUIRED by an EOB.
3. Appeal of Coverage
If coverage is denied or only part of the test is covered, Genomind may appeal the coverage decision for you.
In some cases, Genomind may send you a form that requests your consent for us to appeal on your behalf.
After the appeal, your insurance company may cover part of the test or deny coverage of the test.
4. Payment of Final Invoice
Genomind sends the final bill to you. The final bill reflects the amount you owe.
To request a Financial Assistance Application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be reviewed and financial assistance eligibility will be determined within 7 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the options for paying my bill with Genomind?
Patients can pay their bills through a variety of methods, including:
- By visiting our Patient Billing Website
- By returning the patient invoice via mail with a valid form of payment (check or credit card number)
Please call the Genomind billing team to set up an individual payment plan to pay the outstanding balance owed. Please be sure to have a copy of your Genomind invoice on hand at the time you make the call.
What if my insurance plan sends me a check directly for the cost of Genomind Professional PGx Express?
Sometimes insurance plans send payments to the patient rather than the healthcare provider or the laboratory. This is payment for the test provided by Genomind and must be forwarded to Genomind. If you receive a check, please follow the instructions below:
- Endorse the check by signing the back and writing “Payable to Genomind, Inc.” under your signature.
- Mail the check and a copy of the EOB to the address provided with your invoice.
- If you’ve already cashed the check, you may pay your balance directly to Genomind by personal check, money order or credit card. Payment must be in the same amount as the check you received. To pay via credit card, please call 877.895.8658
How may this impact my HSA, HRA or FSA account?
If you have an HSA, HRA or FSA account, please contact the Genomind customer service at 877.895.8658, prior to ordering the test. If you have an auto-deduction option on your account, amounts approved by your insurance plan may be deducted from your account automatically.
Who can I call for help with billing questions?
If you have received a bill or have any other billing or health insurance-related questions, you can call our billing team from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday at 877.895.8658