Genomind Privacy Statement
These “Privacy Highlights” provide an overview of some core components of our data handling practices. Please be sure to review the Full Privacy Statement. Genomind takes seriously the trust you place in us. We will not share your data without your consent (except in the instance of a court order or as otherwise required by law).
Information We Collect
We generally collect the following information:
- Information you share directly with us. We collect and process your information when you and/or your healthcare provider place an order for the Genomind Professional PGx test or one of our other products or services, create an account, complete research surveys, and contact Customer Service. This information can generally be categorized as Registration Information, Self-Reported Information, and/or User Content, as defined in our full Privacy Statement.
- Information from our DNA testing services. With your consent, we extract your DNA from your buccal swab (cheek swab) and analyze it to produce your Genetic Information in order to provide your doctor with the Genomind Professional PGx test, or our other products.
How We Use Information
We generally process Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To provide our Services. We process Personal Information in order to provide our Service, which includes processing payments, shipping kits to doctors, creating customer accounts and authenticating logins, analyzing buccal swab samples and DNA, and delivering results.
- To analyze and improve our Services. We constantly work to improve and provide new reports, tools, and Services. We may also need to fix software bugs or issues, analyze use of our website to improve the customer experience or assess our marketing campaigns.
- For Genomind Research, with your consent. If you choose to consent to participate in Genomind Research, Genomind researchers can include your de-identified Genetic Information and Self-Reported Information in a large pool of customer data for analyses aimed at making scientific discoveries so we can continue to help improve patient outcomes.
- For Interest-based Advertising, with the ability to opt out. We use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media (e.g., social networking platforms). This enables us and these third parties to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested. Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks.
Control: Your Choices
Genomind gives you the ability to share information in a variety of ways. You choose:
- To store or discard your buccal sample after it has been analyzed.
- When and with whom you share your information, including health care professionals.
- To give or decline consent for Genomind Research. By utilizing the Research Consent section of the requisition form, you can provide or refuse consent for the use of your data for scientific research purposes.
Access to Your Information
Your Personal Information may be shared information in the following ways:
- With our service providers, as necessary for them to provide their services to us.
- With research collaborators, only if you have given your explicit consent.
- With third party advertising networks, as necessary for them to accurately target you with advertising based on your interests.
Genomind will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
- We do not share customer data with any public databases.
- We will not provide any person’s genetic data to an insurance company or employer.
- We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant for genetic or Personal Information.
How We Secure Information
Genomind implements reasonable and appropriate measures and systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Genomind data, in compliance with applicable laws. In particular, the connections to and from our website where we collect and exchange data are encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology.
Risks and Considerations
There may be some consequences of using Genomind Services that you haven’t considered.
- You may discover things about yourself that may be upsetting or cause anxiety and that you may not have the ability to control or change.
- In the event of a data breach it is possible that your data could be associated with your identity, which could be used against your interests.
If you would like to review a more detailed statement of Genomind’s privacy practices, please see our Full Privacy Statement.