Cost and Coverage
We believe personalized medicine should be a standard of care, which is why part of our mission is to make our technology affordable.
What can your patients expect to pay?
Out-of-pocket costs vary depending on the health plan. If an individual’s total exceeds $399, our policy is to request consent before processing results.
Commercial Insurance, Employer, or Medicare Advantage:
Medicare, Participating Medicaid States and Managed Medicaid:
Uninsured or Under-Insured *US only:
The self-pay cost of our services is $599. We offer additional ways for individuals and caregivers to manage this payment.
What if my patient still can’t afford Genomind?
We never want finances to prevent people from accessing safer, individualized treatment. This is why we provide numerous resources to help patients navigate payment.
One of these financial options might work for your patient:
Genomind has partnered with Affirm to help your patients spread payments out over 3, 6 and 12-months time frames. Interest rates may vary based on a soft credit check. If your patient is uninsured or under-insured, due to higher out-of-pocket costs, Genomind has designed specific programs to support their needs. Contact Customer Service to learn more.
HSA / FSA eligible
100% of Genomind’s out-of-pocket costs can be covered by your HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) plans. Payment plans and financial assistance are not eligible for those who use these funds.
If you are unsure on how to use your plan towards your payments, please contact Customer Service for help.
What is the process for payment?
The process for payment varies slightly depending on whether you order Ship-to-Patient testing or In-Office testing. See below for details.
How it works via ship-to-patient
- Order. Provider places the order to send a test kit to the patient’s home
- Register. Patient or guardian receives a link via email to complete registration and payment before the test kit ships
- Ship. Genomind mails test kit to patient’s home address
- Return. Patient collects the sample and returns it to Genomind via priority label included inside test kit
- Results. Patient’s results are provided to patient and provider within 3-5 business days
*Results for individuals with Traditional Medicare may take up to 10 business days to be reported
How it works via in-office testing
- Order. Provider uses a test kit from their office
- Swab. Provider collects a sample during the patient’s visit
- Return. Provider’s office returns the sample to Genomind via priority label included inside test kit
- Payment. Patient receives payment link via email before processing test results
- Results. After payment is complete, results are provided to provider within 3-5 business days
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Genomind manages the full billing process from start to finish. You may receive communication from your insurance provider, but this is not a bill. Payment is handled between the patient and Genomind.
Coverage varies depending on your insurance plan. If you are unsure about your payment, we encourage you to contact our Customer Service team to help you manage expectations.
If your insurance denies coverage, Genomind may file an appeal to pursue coverage on your behalf with your insurance company. We may need to contact you or your physician during the appeal process, and we won’t bill you for services not allowed by your insurance company.
Each time your insurance company processes a claim submitted by you or your healthcare provider, you will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statement to explain how they process the claim. An EOB explains how your benefits cover the particular claim. It includes the date you received the service, the amount billed, the amount covered, the amount your insurance company paid, the amount credited toward any deductible, and any balance you may be responsible for paying the provider.
*If you receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) – this is NOT a bill. Genomind handles all patient insurance billing. Please contact customer service for all billing and EOB questions.
Sometimes insurance plans send payments to the patient rather than to the healthcare provider or the laboratory. Genomind will send a bill to you for the amount owed once we are notified by your insurance company. You may pay the bill to Genomind or endorse the check from your insurance company to Genomind. If you receive a check, please follow the instructions below:
- Endorse the check by signing the back and writing “Payable to Genomind, Inc.” under your signature.
- Mail the check and a copy of the EOB to the following address:
DEPT CH 17047
Palatine, IL 60055-7047
Attn: Billing Department
- If you’ve already cashed the check, you may pay your balance directly to Genomind by personal check, money order, or credit card. Payment must be in the same amount as the check you received. To pay via credit card, please call 877-895-8658
If you would like your ordering provider to submit a prior authorization before testing, please email email@example.com. We can provide you with the information your provider will need when contacting your insurance plan.
A prior authorization is not a guarantee of coverage, so even if a prior authorization is obtained, you may still be responsible for an out-of-pocket cost. This payment is due before processing your sample, and you can use your HSA/FSA to make your online payment.
To me, using this service is a no-brainer. It can save time, money, and angst on appointments and medications that aren’t likely to work for you because of the way you’re hard-wired.