The Genecept Assay® report is intended to aid clinicians in making personalized treatment decisions tailored to a patient’s genetic background and can help to inform psychiatric treatments that:
- Are more likely to be effective
- Have lower risk for side effects and adverse events
- Are dosed appropriately.
Review a sample results report below, including the genetic results summary and the drug interaction summary.
Genetic Results Summary
The Genecept Assay® results report includes a listing of all of the variations detected in the genes analyzed on the test. It also includes the therapeutic implications of each genetic result, potential gene-drug interactions, and the overall clinical impact of each variation detected.
Drug Interaction Summary
Each patient report includes a drug interaction summary. The drug interaction summary is a guide for clinicians to help determine which therapies may be most beneficial for a patient based on the Genecept Assay results. This summary table lists medications in alphabetical order by drug class, and indicates how they are metabolized.
Medications fall into three categories:
- Use as Directed: These therapies have no known gene-drug interactions to consider.
- Therapeutic Options: These therapies are an option for the patient based on one or more genetic variations.
- Use with Caution: These therapies may require a dose adjustment or have a higher risk of side effects or inefficacy.
Contact Genomind for more details: (877) 895-8658.
I’ve been using the Genecept Assay® for over three years and found that it helps me select the right medications for patients so that they can start feeling better more quickly.